The Oroville Association of REALTORS® advocates for the interests of its members and their clients, both at the government level and at the local community level.
Community Relations Committee covers three important aspect of our business; Legislative, Local Government, and Public Affairs
The purpose of the Community Relations committee is to monitor legal issues for homeowners and REALTORS®, with knowledge of current and proposed legislation affecting the real estate industry. Develops and promote projects that enhance the image of the REALTOR® organization, individual members, and the community it serves as well as annual projects to and for our community.
· Keeps the Board of Directors informed of legislative information affecting the real estate industry and private property rights.
· Disseminate legislative information affecting the real estate industry and private property rights.
· Educate members on legislative activity and the importance of political awareness.
· Encourage members to take an active interest in the political affairs of the local, state and federal government through analysis and suggested action on important legislation.
· Monitor government action on all levels.
· Increase relationships with the press, radio and television in the Oroville area and surrounding areas and adequately publicize all meetings, specialed activities and Association activities.
· Participate in Local Community events to promote the Association and a positive community image (i.e. Feather Fiesta Days, Christmas Can food Drive)
· To participate in community activities and civic efforts to protect and promote real property ownership.
· To encourage all members to participate in community affairs and publicize their efforts.